Senior Operations Manager
Avery Dennison RBIS are seeking to appoint a Senior Operations Manager that will develop, lead and implement the operations strategy to ensure the company remains focused on continuing to innovate and pioneer products within their specialist market.
This is a high profile and strategic role that is focused on delivering group wide improvements within the manufacturing operations area. You will be responsible for driving safety, quality, delivery and cost savings at this key site. In conjunction with Local and European Leadership Team, you will set the strategy for Supply Chain in Norway. You will lead the Production, Quality, Logistics, Purchasing, Planning, EHS and Maintenance teams to help meet our site Key Performance Indicators and ensure we are a World Class manufacturing site. You will be the site lead on Lean Manufacturing and will be responsible for driving a continuous improvement culture.
Job description – some of the main responsibilities:
- Working as a key member of the Site Management Team and participating in the establishment of sites’ annual operating plans
- Driving execution of site improvement plans, helping set operations improvement goals, ensuring priorities and accountabilities are clear, providing resources and removing obstacles to ensure success.
- Designing and implementing operational improvement strategies for safety, cost, quality, training, inventory and services.
- Leading significant projects and improvement initiatives, scheduling and planning, budgeting and control.
- Building, motivating and coaching a team capable of continuously improving the departments results while, constantly reinforcing the company`s ELS philosophy.
- Leading a safe operation of the business unit and comply with legal, legislative and corporate safety requirements.
- Leading the Operations team to deliver results and ensure that team members meet site goals and objectives.
- Conducting employee appraisals, reviews and development discussions and in line with local and global policy
- Travelling to other global sites may be required
Qualifications – we are looking for:
- Strong leadership skills. Ability to lead, contribute, and influence others in a team-based organization
- 5+ years Operations/Manufacturing experience with 3+ manufacturing leadership experience preferred. Experience of working in a Continuous Improvement is essential and demonstrated success in leading change.
- Working knowledge of modern manufacturing, material flow and improvement strategies
- Demonstrated understanding of financial systems and the key drivers within the manufacturing environment.
- Strong organisational skills in strategy, communication at all levels and execution.
- Understanding of applicable computer systems, such as Microsoft Office, Lotus Notes, and function specific software.
- International experience and fluency in both English and Norwegian is required
NTP Avery Dennison offers:
- A good and creative working environment in a technical driven organisation.
- Interesting and challenging work tasks in a global leader in labeling and packaging materials and solutions.
- Good career development opportunities nationally and internationally
- An expansive company under constant development
- Competitive Wage levels and good personnel and pension insurances and welfare benefits.
- The position is part of the management team in Avery Dennison RBIS, Gaupne, and reports to the Director of Operations EMEA & South Asia
If you have questions regarding the position please call Liv Braathen, Bønes Virik AS, +47 488 49 499. If desired, applicants can be treated confidentially towards Avery Dennison in the preliminary phase of the process. For registration please upload your application and resume at: www.bonesvirik.no within November 26th 2017.
About Avery Dennison
Avery Dennison (NYSE: AVY) is a global leader in pressure-sensitive and functional materials and labeling solutions for the retail apparel market. The company's applications and technologies are an integral part of products used in every major industry. With operations in more than 50 countries and more than 25,000 employees worldwide, Avery Dennison serves customers in the consumer packaging, graphical display, logistics, apparel, industrial and healthcare industries. Headquartered in Glendale, California, the company reported sales of $6.1 billion in 2016. Learn more at www.averydennison.com
About Avery Dennison RBIS
Avery Dennison RBIS, a global leader in apparel and footwear industry solutions, is a $1.4 billion division of Avery Dennison (NYSE: AVY). Avery Dennison RBIS provides intelligent creative and sustainable solutions that elevate brands and accelerate performance throughout the global retail supply chain. We elevate brands through graphic tickets, tags and labels, embellishments and packaging solutions that enhance consumer appeal. We accelerate performance through RFID enabled inventory and loss prevention solutions, price management, global compliance, and brand security solutions. Based in Westborough, Massachusetts Avery Dennison RBIS responsibly serves the global marketplace with operations in 115 locations, 50 countries, across 6 continents. For more information, visit www.rbis.averydennison.com.